A One Lovely Blog Award nomination is sort of like a debutant ball. It formally introduces new and up-and-coming bloggers into proper blogging society. To be nominated, a blog must be, well… lovely. In order to “accept” the award one must follow proper etiquette:
Thank and link back to the person who nominated you for the award.
▪List the Rules and Display the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
▪Share 7 facts/things about yourself.
▪Nominate around 15 other bloggers and let them know about the award. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
▪Follow the blogger who nominated you.
Here are the Seven Facts about Me:
1. When I was in my twenties my sister and I used to go to the dress department of whatever high end store we happened to be shopping in and pick out the most expensive and fabulous formal gowns we could find. Then we would go into a fitting room, try them on and thank the academy. I looked amazing in sequins, back when I was young and cute.
2. The only award I ever laid in bed and dreamed of receiving was an Olympic Gold Medal. In track. Back when I was young and fast.
3. I once road a tandem 381 miles through the Canadian Rockies. It was glorious. You can read a bit about it here.
4. The summer before that I rode my bike through Vermont, from top to bottom. It was a hot, 100+ degree week. My internal thermostat had a tough time keeping up but it was fun. My fellow bikers and I passed around a pint or two of Ben & Jerry’s at every stop. I rode my bike a lot back then. I often rode it 30 miles round trip to work. I put many miles on Old Red back when I was forty and screaming fit.
5. Now I work from home and some days I don’t get dressed until I hear the garage door opening, signaling that my hubby is home from work. Some days I don’t even shower. I showered and dressed today, though, since I am accepting a nomination. Wait, I’m fibbing. I was going to shower and dress before accepting my nomination. I was going to get up, take a shower, get dressed and accept my nomination. But instead I got up, got dressed and took my friends for a walk. I will shower after I finish accepting my nomination and after I work out in some manner. But I am going to shower today.
6. My daughter calls me a stay at home dog mom. One of our two dogs came to us last October with several health problems. So after her spleen was removed in February I started to cook for them. I cook them a healthy, organic breakfast and dinner every day. They eat better than most people. But it is worth it because my new little friend is now happy, healthy and energetic. And ever so grateful. I like to cook for people, too. You can see some of the food I like to make here.
7. Hmmm, what to put for perfect #7? Let’s see… I come from a large family. I have lots of sisters. Lots and lots of sisters. I cannot tell you how many, exactly, because I am blogging anonymously and I don’t want to give out too much identifying information. You smarties might figure it out.
Thank you for not turning up the exit music during my long acceptance speech.
And now I get to spread the love … In the category of One Lovely Blog I nominate the following in no particular order:
5. At My Table
8. Trisha Mugo
Okay so that’s only thirteen. Etiquette dictates that I share around fifteen. I have to start following more blogs. Some of the ones I would have nominated are the ones who nominated me. Some of the blogs I follow are not new so they don’t qualify. (Some of the ones I nominated might not be so new, either, but I’m doing the best I can.) And scrolling through my reader I noticed that others have already been nominated by someone else. So, instead of scraping the barrel, I’ll leave it as is. And just hope I don’t suffer nominators remorse.
Have a lovely blogging day.